After the physical or remote installation and setting up the NTT modem and TP-Link wireless router, there is a chance that the internet may not be accessible after the process has been completed.
Below are steps on how to get your internet working again if your internet is not working after setting up the TP-Link router.
※ Please make sure the devices are connected properly. (LAN cable is in the blue WAN port of the wireless router. Instructions are listed in the link below.)
Changing the internet connection type to [MAP-E (OCN)]
Changing the Connection Type through the Quick Setup
1) Please connect to the TP-Link router's wireless network (SSID). It should be something similar to "TP-Link_XXXX".
※The wireless settings can be found on the sticker on the bottom of the wireless router.
We will now access the wireless router's settings.
2) Once connected to the TP-Link router's network, please open up the internet browser and go to the following page. (You do not need to have access to the internet for this.)
192.168.0.1 or tplinkwifi.net
3) You should now see a page similar to the following. You can change the language by clicking on the upper right icon with the box and [A].
4) If this is your first time accessing the wireless router's settings, please enter in a password twice to set a password for the router. (If this is not your first time, please enter the password you set when you first accessed the settings.)
※If you forgot the password for the wireless network, please reset the router by using a paperclip, etc., and push the reset button located on the back of the wireless router in a small hole.
5) Follow the Quick Setup and enter the proper Timezone ((UTC+9:00) Osaka, Japan)
6) On the connection type page, please select "MAP-E (OCN)"
7) Click [OK] in the pop-up
8) Click on [NEXT] (Do NOT open the [Special ISP Settings (IPTV/VLAN))
9) Uncheck ✖ [Smart Connect] and Check ✓ [Set Each Band Separately] ーーー＞ Click [NEXT]
10) The router will test the new connection (MAP-E)
11) The following should show up, saying that the connection test was successful and the wireless network settings displayed as below. ---> Click [NEXT]
12) You can skip this ---> Click [SKIP]
13) The Connection Type should show [MAP-E(OCN)] and there should be an Internet IP Address with numbers.
You can also change the internet connection type by doing the following
1) After logging into the wireless router, select the [Internet] icon
2) Select "MAP-E(OCN)" and [SAVE]
We hope this resolves any issues you may have with setting up the wireless router. Should you still have issues connecting to the internet after trying the above, please let us know, and we will do our best to assist you.
Please email us by replying to the email we have been communicating with.
After changing the internet connection type to [MAP-E (OCN)]
1) You may need to reconnect to the wireless router after you have changed the internet connection type to [MAP-E (OCN)].
2) Also, you can try to REBOOT the router (NOT RESET/Factory RESET) to see if this helps to improve the internet connection for the MAP-E (OCN) connection type.
※ You can reboot the router by following the steps in the picture below.