For Remote Installation Customers
These are instructions on how to install the home gateway device after receiving it. This is primarily for individuals who do not require physical fiber-optic line installation at their residence and the installation is done remotely by NTT. These customers will receive the device ahead of the remote installation date.
In order for the remote installation to be completed, the home gateway device needs to be connected to the fiber-optic (光-hikari) port and turned on. The installation will be automatic and done remotely later in the evening of the installation date. All you have to do is make sure everything is plugged in like the setup below and the home gateway device is turned on.
※ Depending on the home gateway device you receive, you may need to install an additional component (wireless card) into the home gateway device. Please scroll further down for information on how to install this part into the home gateway device.
The rental home gateway device will need to be returned to NTT after your contract is terminated. Please note that if it is lost, damaged, or is not returned, there will be a fee incurred.
When you receive the item, please open it and connect the following two points.
1. Power (It turns on automatically when plugged in.)
2. Optical fiber (Connect the white cable to the optical outlet and the device that arrived.)
Please install it while referring to the images below.
If the white cable breaks, the connection will become unusable, so please do not bend it forcibly.
Steps to enable wireless internet access for your home gateway device
(For individuals with the below wireless card
These are additional instructions for individuals who received a wireless card device similar to the one pictured below. This device is necessary to enable full wireless capabilities for your home gateway. Please follow the directions below carefully to install this card.
※Please do not force the card into the home gateway device. You may damage the card and/or home gateway device.
1) There should be a separate part that was delivered with your home gateway device.
The device is the same as the one in the picture below. Please check what came with the home gateway device and find this part.
2) Please insert this card into the home gateway device with the lights of the card facing the same direction as the lights on the home gateway device. (Lights should be facing to the left.)
Please make sure that the card can go in properly. If the card is inserted incorrectly, the device and/or card may be damaged.
3) Once the card is inserted, the two lights should turn on. (Pwr and Act)
This could take a few minutes to turn on. Please wait for a few minutes. The lights will flicker on and off during normal internet usage.
4) Once you have confirmed that the lights have turned on, you will now see the networks show up on your computer.